Tuesday 15 October 2013

I'm already settled at Everton - Barry

I'm already settled at Everton - Barry
Gareth Barry admits he has settled into life with Everton quicker than he did at parent club Manchester City.

Barry has joined the Toffees on a season-long loan following the summer arrival of Fernandinho at the Etihad Stadium in a bid to get more playing time.

And he has revealed the adjustment from Manchester to Merseyside has been quicker than he expected, and much quicker than he experienced when he signed for City.
EVERTON LATEST
13/2 Everton are 13/2 with Paddy Power to finish in the top four
When asked if the move had been more comfortable than first imagined, Barry told the club’s official website: “I think it probably has.

“It’s only the second transfer in my career. Certainly at City it took me a lot longer to feel part of the team and part of the club but here it has felt that bit different.

“Everybody has welcomed me in and the manager has suited my style, so I think that played a big part in me fitting straight in. Obviously positive results help as well.

“It’s been a mixture of things but I’ve felt part of the Everton straight away.”

Despite the departure of long-serving manager David Moyes, Everton have started the Premier League season impressively, losing just one match to City in the absence of the ineligible Barry.

The Toffees will look to continue their good run when they face Hull this weekend at Goodison Park and the 32-year-old expects a tough game against the in-form Tigers.

He added: “Of the teams that have come up, Hull have surprised most people.

“I’ve seen a couple of their performances and they have been really solid at the back. At the same time they have caused problems for teams when going forward.

“We’ve got to be really wary and not get too confident because people can get carried away and think this is a more-than-winnable game.

“We have got to stay really focused and produce a performance like Newcastle to get three points.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get widget