Barcelona goalkeeper Victor Valdes admits Monaco would be a tempting destination for him when he draws the curtain down on his time with the Catalan giants.
Valdes surprisingly announced last season he would not be extending his contract with Barça and he will leave the Nou Camp at the end of the current campaign after more than two decades with his local club.
The 31-year-old is unlikely to be short of suitors next summer, and big-spending Monaco are one of the clubs Valdes has said he wouldn't mind moving to.
When asked about the possibility of moving to Ligue 1 and linking back up with former Barça team-mate Eric Abidal at the Stade Louis II, Valdes told Telefoot: "Monaco or elsewhere in Ligue 1 is a good option.
"I'm attracted to the French league in general and it's one of the possibilities. My future is in the hands of my representative."
On Abidal, he said: "I know he's very happy at Monaco and I'm good friends with him. I consider him a brother and to play with him again would be special."
Valdes added of his future: "It's been more than 20 years and I've been lucky to win a lot of titles with Barça, but my adventure is coming to an end. It's time to find new goals and a new destination."