Thursday 27 December 2012

Neymar: I have no preference for Barca

Neymar - Santos FC

Santos forward Neymar has admitted that playing for Barcelona would be "a dream", but maintained that Catalunya is only one of several possible destinations for him.

The gifted attacker is wanted by a string of the top clubs in Europe, and although he considers the Blaugrana to be a great side, he insists that he has no special preference for the Camp Nou outfit.

"I'm sure the time will come to play in Europe," he was quoted as saying by AS. "It's a childhood dream, but I think it still has not arrived. 

"Barcelona have players I have always admired and I think I could play there. They have great footballers and that's one of my dreams, but no, I never had a preference for Barcelona."


Neymar made clear that his only desire is to be happy wherever he is playing football, and has no intention of quitting his boyhood club just yet.

"I am a santista because my family has grown up here, and I do not see myself in another team. I don't have the goal of being the best in the world.

"I just want to be happy wherever I am. I want to be calm, to be cheerful when I play, and at Santos I'm happy."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get widget